The Managing Director os Sterling Bank Plc, Mr.Abubakar Suleiman along with four other directors of the bank have purchased over 37 million shares of the banks.
The purchase was disclosed by the bank to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) as part of the conditions for insider trading in share of companies listed on the NSE.
The details of the shares purchased by the Bank MD and the 4 directors are listed below:
- Abubakar Suleiman (MD) – 18,457,500 units valued @ N22.9 million on 16/07/2020
- Tunde Adeola (Director) – 1,277,777 units valued @ N1.6 million on 13/07/2020
- Emmanuel Emefienim (Director) – 8,368,688 units valued @ N10.5 million on 14/07/2020
- Raheem Owodeyi (Director) – 2,121,258 units valued @ N2.1 million on 16/07/2020
- Yemi Odubiyi – (Director) 7,128,882 units valued @ N8.8 million on 15/07/2020
The shares were all purchased directly in their names directly from Sterling Bank Cooperative Society as contained in the statement issued by the bank and signed by the Company Secretary, Temitayo Adegoke.