Eleven Nigerian Banks have made the global list of top 100 banks in English speaking countries that utilized social media for their business in the third quarter of 2019.
The Eleven banks: GTB, Zenith, Access, UBA, FirstBank, Stanbic, FCMB, Union, Fidelity, Sterling and Skye Bank are the Nigerian banking brands that are listed among global banking brands that utilized Facebook, Twitter and YouTube globally in Q3 2019.
The list of top 100 banks using Social Media for the third quarter 2019 released by The Financial Brand shows details of Nigerian Banks as follows
- GTBank is the Nigerian Bank that used Social Media most in 3rd quarter 2019 with 6.38 million Facebook likes, 1.52 million Twitter followers and 20.17 million YouTube views. GTBank was 9th on the global list but was 3rd in the global ranking in both Facebook likes and Twitter followers behind State Bank of India and YES, also an Indian bank.
- Zenith Bank was the number 2 Nigerian Bank in terms of usage of Social Media in Q3 2019 and was 13th in the global ranking with 5.67 million Facebook likes, 1.08 million Twitter followers and 23.73 million YouTube views. Zenith was 4th bank in the global ranking for Facebook likes and Twitter followers.
- Access bank and UBA are the 3rd and 4th Nigerian Banks on the list and 28th and 33rd in the global ranking with 2.61 million and 2.22 milliom Facebook likes; 0.41 million and 0.39 million twitter followers and 5.57 million and 5.11 million YouTube views respectively
- FirstBank and Stanbic IBTC followed as the 5th and 6th Nigerian Banks and 44th and 55th in the global list respectively with 1.68 million and 0.59 million Facebook likes, 0.41 million and 0.24 million Twitter followers and 0.17 and 8.68 million YouTube view respectively.
- The other banks FCMB, Union Bank, Fidelity bank, Sterling Bank and Skye Bank were 60th, 66th, 68th, 79th and 94th on the global list respectively.
Launched in January of 2013, the Power 100 rankings break down the social media stats of retail financial institutions in English-speaking countries for the three major platforms — Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
This series of lists is based on a proprietary database encompassing hundreds of banks and credit unions in English-speaking countries around the world. Every year, The Financial Brand monitors roughly 2,000 banks and credit unions on Facebook, and another 2,500 banks and credit unions on Twitter.